Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Margaret's Life's Work

Before discussing George Henry's origins I'd like to acknowledge the guiding light of research done before me.
This is a photograph of Margaret B. Waesche, she was the granddaughter of George Henry. Margaret spent much of her life doing research, and in 1929, she began the work of, "assembling facts and genealogical data as were obtainable concerning my family as a memorial to the same." Her history was written with family in mind rather than "for public inspection," so its format is simple and easily navigable. Her work resulted in a 240 pg volume of histories entitled, History of the Waesche Family with a Compilation of Facts of the Belt, Waters, and Cassell Families. 
I have many memories of my mother reaching for the large, 3-ring binder copy of Margaret's book, and am grateful to now have a copy of my own. I hope my dear Aunt Margaret will be pleased with the work we've done in these later generations. One of my future goals is to create an index for this book and get the permissions to submit a bound and complete copy to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. This will allow for many others to access her great work..

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to honor her work! I hope you quote from it so we can hear her voice talking about your family. Your colors and format are perfect for this subject--a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! That is so great to want to share what you want with others!

    ReplyDelete