Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I am a Family History and Genealogy Major, at Brigham Young University. I began my own research and verification of existing research on the Waesche family in September of 2011. This blog will serve as en exercise in blogging about family historical research, as well as to inform other researchers, historians and storytellers.
This blog will begin officially by January 18th with weekly postings, and will comprise of compiled research done by myself and other family members about the George Henry Waesche family.  George Henry is my 4th Great-Grandfather from my Father's Maternal line. I had heard the family names and for years but had never known for certain the stories of the Waesche family. Now I'll bring the stories to you.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Noel,
    My name is Lindsay Colen Pedersen and I too am a direct descendent of George Henry Waesche. My mother is Kathryn Waesche Colen, her father is George Ernest Waesche Jr., his father was George Ernest Sr, his father was John F. Waesche and of course his father was George Henry. I guess interest in family history, history in general and traveling runs in the family... My grandparents were very into family history and have passed their interest on to me... My grandmother Kathryn Abbott Waesche is 93 years old and still with us and we spend a lot of time researching both my grandfather's and her side of the family... I would love to chat with you and maybe compare notes with a long lost cousin.... Your blog is informative and beautiful.... Thank you for doing this for our family.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Absolutely! My grandmother is Barbara Jean Waesche (Coleman). I've heard about Great-Aunt Kathryn and my brother has been able to visit with her about family history. I've been working on the Lakin family more heavily lately but I would love to compare notes with you. You can reach me at pinsandpetticoats[@]gmail.com - just remove the brackets around the @. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Noel and Lindsay~

    My name is Glenn Wallace and I am archiving Monocacy Cemetery in Beallsville, MD where George Ernest Waesche, Jr's ancestors and family are buried.

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=67170210

    Lindsay, would you happen to have any of the "original" photos that I have posted on the various memorials? I would like to replace the photocopied images, if possible.

    Ironically, I was just notified this morning to update Kathryn's memorial. If I'm not mistaken, I believe she is still living in Colesville, MD, so it's our cemetery policy not to have the full names of those living posted on FindaGrave.

    My email address is monocacycemetery[@]gmail.com.

    THANK YOU!
    Glenn

    ReplyDelete