Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Naturalization


I recently found a document that states that on 23 Oct 1828, George became a naturalized United States citizen. I found this naturalization card found on fold3.com which gives a glimpse of the journey he took in his youth. His passport, I later found on Ancestry.com records his naturalization, as well as his physical appearance. What stories lay between the years recorded in these documents? I assure you, there are several to tell.







National Archives and Records Administration (NARA),Washington D.C.; Passport Applications, 1795-1905; ARCIdentifier 566612 / MLR Number A1 508; NARA Series:  M1372; Roll # 29.
Index to Naturalization petitions to the US Circuit and District Courts for Maryland 1797-1951. 21. National Archives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post. I never thought of searching fold3 for immigration records. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete